[Zope] Anyone using Zope Mail Host with MS Exchange ?

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:31:19 -0500

> I have a client reporting that mail sent from Zope
> using a MS Exchange box as their Zope Mail Host
> never arrives. The forms themselves are known not
> to be at fault since we have previously tested them
> using a Zope Mail Host defined on a unix box (running
> QMail).  I can test the forms from remote as an end
> user and they seem to submit properly - so the mail
> host is accepting the messages - but they never
> arrive anywhere (not even in their postmaster a/c)
>
> Since they are doing this from behind a firewall and
> refuse to open it for ssh access, I thought I'd first
> check if this is a known issue before I take a flight
> there to sort it out.

<guess>
Maybe their exchange server is demanding that users authenticate before
sending (this is configured with a checkbox somewhere in the Exchange
Admin labyrinth, iirc).  I don't know why this would cause a noticeable
exception tho...
</guess>

Can you telnet to the smtp server and manually submit a message that
gets delivered correctly?

--Rob