[Zope] RESPONSE.redirect('blah?var=%s'%url_quote(value) ?

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:38:05 -0600

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop wrote:

> What is the cleanest way of doing the following?
>
> <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('index_html?err=%s' % url_quote(errmsg))">
>
> url_quote isn't available in the _ namespace (that I can find...),
> and I can't work out how to store a url_quote'd string anywhere
> without using a DTML Method...

Probably the "cleanest" way, in the sense of not being hackish, is to just make
an External Method which imports and calls url_quote.

I ended up hacking it into the '_' namespace, along with 'list', 'tuple',
'map', 'filter', 'reduce', and the 'base64' functions.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am