[Zope] IE5 and Zope problem

Robert Leftwich robertleftwich@email.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:08:39 +1100

Has anyone else noticed this problem with IE5 and Zope ?

Occasionally when loading pages from Zope, IE5 goes into a very slow, almost
hang mode where the status bar reports 'Downloading xxx items' where xxx is
a number that very slowly decreases, while equally slowly rendering the
page. Once in this mode, it stays in it for each page that is loaded, only
resetting when exiting IE5 (but not always). I have not seen this behaviour
on other web sites, only my Zope intranet based ones.
This happens in all my clients' sites, which are running Zope 2.0.1 on NT4
(SP4 or greater) with various versions of IE5 on Pentium based pc's. It has
happened in all versions of Zope from 1.10 on and it doesn't matter if Zope
is running on the same machine as the client or not.
Unfortunately, the app is IE5 specific so it cannot be tested on another
browser.

Anyone ?

TIA
Robert Leftwich