[Zope] SyBase connection problem

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:45:05 PST

Hi,

I am new to Sybase.

I have installed the SybaseDAv2 product without
problem on Zope, I can see it in the product list.
But when I click on it, I get the following error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 387,
in import_products
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File
"/usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/__init__.py",
line 90, in ?
    import DA
  File "/usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/DA.py",
line 91, in ?
    from db import DB
  File "/usr/local/bs_zope_2000_01/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/db.py",
line 96, in ?
    _context=sy_occ.cs_ctx_alloc()
sy_occ.error: Could not connect to Sybase

The Sybase database itself is running, as I can see it from
isql or from the ./showserver commands.

One immediate question is: does SybaseDAv2 assume a particular
TCP/IP port number (like 4100 or 4002)? If so, how can I
change that number? How can I change the the hostname and
port number in general? In general, how does SybaseDAv2
know what host and what port number the database is serving
from? Is there any configuration file? How does one
supply things like username and password in SybaseDAv2 to
the Sybase database? Am I asking the right questions?

I have tried to tweak the "interfaces" file in Sybase
itself so it serves at the port number 4100 or 4002, but
neither choice improved the situation.

After installing the SybaseDAv2, what else do I need
to do before I can start to create SQL methods?

thanks in advance,

Hung Jung