[Zope] Re: using cvswrapper filters? (tangentially related to zope...)

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:15:24 +1100

>>> Anthony Baxter wrote
> I'm (finally) getting things set up at work to store Zope releases (our
> code, on top of the DC code) into a local CVS server. For completeness,
> I'd like to store the Data.fs file in CVS as well, but preferably gzipped -
> looking at the CVSROOT/cvswrappers file, I see:
>
>    -f           from cvs filter         value: path to filter
>    -t           to cvs filter           value: path to filter
>
> This isn't documented in the red-bean CVS book, or in the normal online
> docs... has anyone played with this? Will it allow me to store Data.fs
> gzipped in the repository?

Just a quick followup to my own post - I eventually downloaded the
CVS src, and dug into src/wrapper.c - the filter stuff has been disabled
in CVS, as it had some nasty bugs that no-one was willing to fix.

Bummer :(

Anthony