[Zope] Restart bug *and* shutdown bug

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:31:54 -0500

Possibly.  I can now reproduce the bug but not very consistently.  This
is what I see with a Zope running on my machine, aldous.

If I use a browser on aldous:

  then clicking shut-down usualy shuts it down but sometimes requires me
hitting shutdown twice.

  clicking restart cause Zope NOT to restart and *sometimes* it crashes
(no core file though...but the process exits), and I get one of two
error messages, either:

TypeError

 Traceback (innermost last):

<snip>

   File
/home/michel/src/test/Zope-2.1.2-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRe
quest.py, line 285, in traverse
 TypeError: unbound Python method must be called with Acquirer 1st
argument

****OR****

ValueError

 Traceback (innermost last):

<snip>

   File
/home/michel/src/test/Zope-2.1.2-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.
py, line 593, in modifiedInVersion
     (Object: /home/michel/src/test/Zope-2.1.2-linux2-x86/var/Data.fs)
 ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

in the case of getting *either* error message, I get this in the Zope
log:

------
2000-01-12T21:27:28 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for
'\000\000\000\000\000\000\000\005'

If I run a browser on another machine called korak:

  clicking shutdown causes the Zope process to exit

  clicking restart causes the Zope process to exit also

Can someone verify that this is also the case for them?  Or do other
people have different symptoms?

-Michel