[Zope] Sophisticated Editing of Zope Objects

Stephen Pitts smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:11:44 -0600

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 04:49:18PM -0600, schenck wrote:
> I am new to using Zope.  It looks very interesting, but one thing that
> appears to be a weakness is the way you edit DTML Documents and Methods
> (and other objects too for that matter) by using a simple text field in
> an HTML browser.

> For complex objects this looks like a serious problem.
Err, how do you mean? With custom Z-Classes and Products, you get to
design the user interface that is used to manage the object. The sky's
the limit, conceivably you could use Java applets et. al to make the
editing easier.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about DTML Documents and Methods,
what features are you missing from the traditional text-box approach?

> Other than exporting the object, editing it in a more sophisticated
> browser and importing it again, are there better solutions?
Since your question was extremely vague, I can't offer anything
concrete. Clarify your question. What do you mean by "more complex
objects". Long DTML Documents? Split them up into short DTML methods and
include them into one "wrapper" DTML document.

--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com