[Zope] user not authenticating

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:18:30 -0500

Timothy,

It sounds like the DTML you're using to show the edit button isn't
comparing the right things to each other...

I would __probably__ work up something like this DTML to check if the
currently-logged-in user should see something he has authored or not:

<dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role(['Owner'], theObject)">
  <dtml-var dtEditButton>
</dtml-if>

Where theObject is the object id of the article and dtEditButton is the
edit button stuff.  Note that I haven't tested this.