[Zope] Re: Anyone using Zope Mail Host with MS Exchange ? (ch as)

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff@goingv.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:23:28 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, David Salgado wrote:

> Anyone know how I can have an acquired property or method which holds the
> name of the SMTP host. i.e. so that I can have a property or method called
> my_smtphost, and use something like the following (I've tried all of these
> formats, and none of them works);
>
> <dtml-sendmail smtphost="my_smtphost">
> or
> <dtml-sendmail smtphost=my_smtphost>
> or
> <dtml-sendmail smtphost=_['my_smtphost']>
> or
> <dtml-sendmail smtphost=_[my_smtphost]>
>
> All the above give a 'host not found' error, but I'm certain the property is
> being acquired properly, because I can put a <dtml-var my_smtphost> tag in a
> working version of the page, and it correctly fills in the address of my
> exchange server.
>
> I know I can encapsulate everything using a 'sending' DTML method, and
> acquire that, but I'd just like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Try:

  <dtml-sendmail smtphost="_[my_smtphost]">

The quotes are required because the value of smtphost is an expression.

> Cheers
>                      David

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/