[Zope] Re: Anyone using Zope Mail Host with MS Exchange ? (ch as)

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff@goingv.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:54:37 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, David Salgado wrote:

> >  <dtml-sendmail smtphost="_[my_smtphost]">
> >
> >The quotes are required because the value of smtphost is an expression.
>
> Nope - still gives me 'host not found'. Does this work on your system? Maybe
> my installation is screwed.

Actually, I did not test the code before I sent out the mail; I'm sorry.

I just tried to get it working and failed. After looking at the code
(lib/python/Products/MailHost/*.py), it seems that the smtphost is never
evaluated as an expression, preventing its use in the way you are
attempting. Bummer.

A mailhost and acquisition would (I think) do what you require. However,
the title of this thread leads me to believe this won't work with your
particular setup (Exchange). Boo.

> Cheers
>           David

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/