[Zope] Possible new user questions

Sam Gendler sgendler@impossible.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:43:06 -0800

> I would expect Zope to compare favorably with other dynamic content
> solutions. ZServer although written in python is quite fast. Medusa (on
> which ZServer is based) should be at least as fast as apache in serving
> dynamic pages

Not even close.  I can write an application in C, as an apache module, that can
do 1000 transactions/second on a machine that zope does 150 on.  However, the
development cycle is SO much faster in zope that it is worth it.  When was the
last time you needed 1000 TPS, anyway.  IIS/ASP is even faster (and even uglier
to develop for, in my opinion).  I do suspect that Zope is probably in the same
ballpark as ColdFusion, which is closest in functionality.  I have never
benchmarked CF, though.

--sam