[Zope] Problem Packing Zope Database

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:24:19 -0500

"Shaw, Mark" wrote:

> Oh Nooo!!
>
> I am in the process of creating a Zope based web site.  I just now
> encountered a problem where if I "Pack" my database from "Database
> Management at /Control_Panel / Database", I cannot restart the database.
> The error message that I receive is as follows:
>
> I can restore a relatively recent copy of the DB and restart it, but as soon
> as I pack it, it gets hosed again.  I guess that's the last time I pack my
> database without first backing it up.  But who wants a db that they can't
> pack.  Bummer!!!!

Note that when you pack your database, it keeps the old database around
in Data.fs.old.

> Do I start over with Zope again or do I change my server engine???? This was
> going so well :-(

Hey, you have your database, so why start over. You just can't pack until
we resolve this problem.

Please send me (via private mail) your database file so I can look into this
problem. If the file is too big to mail, then put it up somewhere that I
can FTP it. Don't forget to gzip or zip it.

Jim

repeats.