[Zope] Per-user Oracle connections - opposite problem

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:08:54 -0500

On 18 Jan 00, at 11:36, Jim Fulton wrote:

> > I create one ZOracleDA connection for every user, and how can I use
> > diferent connections for different users?
>
> You can't.  However, you could create a new kind of connection
> object that did this for you.  This should be a reasonably
> straightforward hack of ZOracleDA:
>
>   - Take a database name through the web.
>
>   - Maintain an internal pool of actual connections, one per user.
>     If this becomes expensive, then provide some logic for
>     limiting the pool size by retiring unused conections or by
>     only keeping connections for some function of a user hash.

I need the opposite functionality. I can only have one open connection to
my oracle server to avoid license overflows. How can I limit ZOracleDA
to use only one connection, and serialize all requests through the one
connection?

I know thats slower, but thats the price we're un-willing to pay.. get it?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements