[Zope] Extending Standard Objects

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:20:12 -0500

In my experimentations with Zope, I'm trying to extend the Image object to
include caption information and formatting.  I've created a ZClass which
has Image as one of the base classes.  I'm a little confused as to what to
do next.  For example, what properties do I need to defined.  Do I just
define the caption property?  Do I inherit any properties from Image
itself?  I also noticed that because I subclassed from Image, certain views
are created for me by default.  The "Edit" view is defined to use
manage_main.  The "Upload" view uses manage_uploadForm.    If I want to
enhance the functionality of the Edit and Upload view, do I just need to
create new methods on my ZClass and point the view at the new method?  If I
wanted my views to look just like the normal views (manage_main and
manage_uploadForm) with only minor tweaking, where would I find the source
to those methods?

Thanks

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html