[Zope] Problems with PCGI

Nolan Darilek nolan_d@bigfoot.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:55:57 -0600

First, a few quick disclaimers:

1.  I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me with any replies.

2.  I know this is probably an RTFM-ish question; I just can't find
    which FM to read. :) And, I've scanned a few, but I'm obviously
    doing something stupid and newbieish. :)

I'm trying to set up Zope on my local Roxen test webserver. After a
few failed attempts of my own, I decided to be smart and search
zope.org for docs. I found the great Zope/Roxen howto, and everything
almost works. I'm trying to have all URLs on my box directed to Zope,
and I'm having a few problems with the Zope rewrite rules posted at
http://www.zope.org/Members/Bill/Documentation/RoxenZope. Here is how
my browser, Emacs/W3, renders the table with the Roxen rewrite rules:

|       |                 ||Preferred ReWrite Ruleset                    ||       |
|       |                 ||                                             ||       |
|       |                 ||      ^/([A-Z])(.*)                 ||       |
|       |                 ||   /Zope.cgi/$1$2 ^/([a-z])(.*)     ||       |
|       |                 ||   /Zope.cgi/$1$2 ^/([0-9])(.*)     ||       |
|       |                 ||   /Zope.cgi/$1$2                            ||       |

Do I need to concatenate any of those lines? Whenever I try going to
any URL other than /, I get Roxen's default 404 error message.

Another problem which I've noticed is that, though I've intended to
have Zope generate all HTTP content and use Roxen for all other
server-related tasks, Zope is placing :8080's in the URL, thus
redirecting requests to ZServer. This isn't what I want. I thought
that using the -p option would remove the :8080, but it doesn't seem
to be helping.

I'm using the Debian Zope package, which lacks the start and stop
scripts referenced in many of the docs which I've read. It instead
uses a zopectl script, with a ZOPEOPTS variable in /etc/init.d/zope
which passes arguments to zopectl. I've set ZOPEOPTS to "-p
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope".

Can anyone recommend anything else? I'm sure that I'm committing
Common Newbie Mistake #2356, but I'm completely clueless about how to
fix this one. :) Thanks.