[Zope] Editing Properties of ZClasses

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:04:27 -0500

I've just created a ZClass which subclasses from Image.  I've added a
property sheet to allow for an additional attribute called caption.  I
tweaked the factory/addForm/add methods to let a user specify the caption
when they specify an image.  Basically the add form is just like you see
with an Image add, except there is an additional field for the caption.  My
ZClass currently has views for things like Edit, Upload, Properties, etc
which it mostly inherited from Image.  The Properties view displays the
property sheet appropriate for my ZClass.

What I would like to do, however, is let the user modify the caption
property from the Edit screen instead of the Properties screen.  I used the
code from imageEdit.dtml and made modifications to show the caption value
and to let the user change it.  However, the caption doesn't show up.  I
think I understand why (the caption property is in a property sheet which
isn't visible to this particular DTMLMethod) but I'm not sure how to fix
the problem.  Can anyone provide some suggestions?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103