[Zope] ZopePacks: A Proposal for a new Zope Product...

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:48:37 -0500

A very good proposal, Butch.

Why not include Python products as well? Granted, you have to restart
Zope for them, but the dependency checks alone would make it very
worthwhile, a bit like RPMs.

The format developed for a ZopePack could also include information on
where to find the latest version, and the ZopePackProduct could even
check for newer versions on demand. No downloading to the server with
automatic install though, unless we develop some kind of signing scheme,
and other security checks.

Heck, we could even adjust Zope.org Products to support ZopePacks in
some way.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149