[Zope] Zope on the Mac OS

Jeffrey Shell Jeffrey@digicool.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:05:18 -0500

> I'm a Zope newbie and am looking to get Zope running on the MacOS.  I
> have Python 1.5.2 installed, and downloaded the Zope sources.
>
> Can someone give me information, either on the list or through private
> email, about getting Zope running on the MacOS?

One thing that I know is stopping this is that GUSI 1 (used for sockets)
wasn't thread safe, but GUSI 2 is.  If you're on the PythonMac-SIG you
may have seen that GUSI 2 support is in CVS now for MacPython.  We'd
very much like to see Zope run on the MacOS, but it might be something
best left for MacOS X which has a BSD layer and is easier to build for.

Zope in Darwin, anybody? ;)