[Zope] Re: ZPyGreSQLDA can't find _pg ; community-membership product?

Ert Dredge ert@atheist.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 12:17:39 -0800

Hiya.

At 6:32 AM -0800 1/22/00, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>   There is the directory src inside ZPygreSQL DA. Go there and read
>instructions on how to build and install...

Ah, I did try that, but I could never get the make to work, which is why I
resorted to the RPM.

That was the right pointer, though - thanks!  I forgot to copy _pg.so to
the ZPyGreSQL product directory.  (That *does* seem a little
counter-intuitive to me, though.  Shouldn't Zope be able to find all of
pythons' libraries?)

Which brings me to my second question about a community-membership product.
I'm looking at both GenericUserFolder and zGold + UserDb.  My concern is
that the access method for these two involves basic HTTP authentication and
going into the "manage" system on Zope.  I'm hoping to just have a little
login/password form and cookies to figure out if someone is logged in, and
leave them as a guest otherwise.  Is this doable with the standard acl
setup?

- Ert / still investigating...