[Zope] Trees under SQL -- a correction and a question

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:11:27 -0800

I'm attempting to built a DTML tree using a ZSQL method almost
exactly as detailed in the "Some Neat Tricks with dtml-tree" HOW-TO
at:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/anthony/tree-coding-tricks

A minor correction to the initial DRML example, which reads:

  <dtml-let objectid="0">
    <dtml-tree id=objectid branches_expr="child_lookup(parentid=objectid)">
      <b><dtml-var objectname></b> <dtml-var objectid>
    </dtml-tree>
  </dtml-let>

This is incorrect.  The name assigned to "id" in the dtml-tree line
needs to be single quoted making the method read:

  <dtml-let objectid="0">
    <dtml-tree id='objectid' branches_expr="child_lookup(parentid=objectid)">
      <b><dtml-var objectname></b> <dtml-var objectid>
    </dtml-tree>
  </dtml-let>

However, I have a more subtle problem.  For me the equivalent of
"objectID" is an 8 byte BIGINT, and thus the result from the ZSQL
method for that column is suffixed with an 'L' (eg "42L" for object
number 42).  This screws up the dtml-tree royally.

Is there a way to work around this?

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu