[Zope] Re. Display an Image

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@twistedmatrix.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:28:32 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Not to slight this product (which is quite good), but it really
> doesn't make sense to be serving static content data from Zope or
> Apache, which are extremely heavy weight processes.  Things like
> thttpd or kernel-httpd running on a high port are much lighter
> weight, much more performant, and do af ar better job of serving
> static content than their behemouth brethren.

Sorry to be argumentative in my first post, but there is no such thing as
'static content'.  I am going to be using Zope to serve a pretty tame
website -- not too much traffic, not too much updating -- but it saves me
*lots* of time writing repetitive HTML and fixing mistakes made during
updates.

Any content that changes over time isn't static.

----
The Tao is like a glob pattern:             It is masked but always present.
used but never used up.                     I don't know who built to it.
It is like the extern void:                 It came before the first kernel.
filled with infinite possibilities.         [glyph@twistedmatrix.com]