[Zope] Re. Display an Image

Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:48:06 +1100

>>> Glyph Lefkowitz wrote
> > Not to slight this product (which is quite good), but it really
> > doesn't make sense to be serving static content data from Zope or
> > Apache, which are extremely heavy weight processes.  Things like
> > thttpd or kernel-httpd running on a high port are much lighter
> > weight, much more performant, and do af ar better job of serving
> > static content than their behemouth brethren.

"ease of maintenance". If I put the images in Zope, I get:

revision control
versions
ease of updates from development to production sites (just copy the data.fs
files)

and a whole host of other advantages. As well, there's not the issue
of having to keep a list of files in your head or whatever, so that
Zope doesn't start referring to non-existant or renamed images.

Anthony