[Zope] Rename BUG

Thomas mail.madeforchina.com@zope.org
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:02:45 +0800

Hi,

I am responding to my own post, and am submitting a
bit extra information and some strange behaviors.
Johnathon wrote me back and suggested I export the
catalog, delete it, rename the ids, and then reimport
the catalog.  I did that, but still the same error appeared.

Now, I downloaded data.fs onto my local Zope and on
my local Zope I am able to rename. (which is just weird)
..why can't I do this on the live server?  I guess I could
then reupload data.fs, but I'd prefer not to do that since
the site would be down for some time then.  Any ideas
at all on this one would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Original Post Below
------------------------

Dear Zope Folks,
I have a ZCLASS named article. When creating an 'article', an external
method is called which translated the id value so as to avoid any character
which Zope does not like
For example, if I input:
"http://www.zope.org/helpmeplease.html" as the article id, the
constructor translates this into:
http%3a%2f%2fwww.zope.org%2fhelpmeplease.htm
I have already created a few dozen of these articles and now realize that
it is a very bad idea to namethings this way. Renaming these is normally
not a problem. Now I also have a 'Catalog' which keeps track of all these
new articles. I cleared the catalog, find all again within the catalog,
and now try to rename and I get the following error message:
Error Type: ValueError
Error Value: Uncatalog of absent id
'51go/Games/Bible/http%253a%252f%252fbob.com'
It looks like the internal id is different from the external id that Zope
presents me... ie it ran the script twice and decoded the url twice. I
don't care anymore about that script and just want to rename these objects.
Its strange... I can update and change the objects properties, but cannot
change the article's name. Has anyone else seen this error message before?
Any help or ideas on how to get around this error message would be very
much appreciated.
Tom