[Zope] Problem installing Zope2 on DU OSF1 V4

Damian Soto damian.soto@ties.itu.int
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:01:36 +0100

I have tried to run Zope 2.1.2 on Digital Unix. OSF1 V4.0F

Using the default start script I get to the the first page but then the
ZServer gives a fatal stack overflow error message, as soon as I click on
one of the links.

Is this a threads problem? I tried compiling my own python with-dec-threads
option enabled but had the same result.

Any help apreaciated ?

Here is some information, that might be of help.

This is a slow alpha machine with 24M of RAM.

The proces takes a good while to start up.
Eating up RAM until it reaches 14Mb.
I get the first page, but as soon as I request a diferent page
 (by clicking on /QuickStart/ or /manage links)
I get:
  Stack overflow: pid 11182, proc python, addr 0x14085ffe8, pc 0x12003c318
the process then dies and a new one slowly loads...

Reloading the root page or /index_html seems not to cause the Stack Overflow error.

Thanks in advance,

damian