[Zope] Fitting Zope into publishing process

John Eikenberry John Eikenberry <jae@kavi.com>
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:01:33 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

I was wondering how everyone handles integrating Zope into their current
design/preview/publish process. Particuarly in mixed environments (some
stuff in Zope, some stuff outside - on the same site).

I ask because I'm currently trying to figure out a better process for my
company. We have a decent system for non-Zope stuff that we need to fit
Zope into. Here's how we handle the non-Zope stuff:

Every site we do has 3 incarnation:

    1. Prototype: experimentation and design
which when stablized gets pushed to...
    2. Preview: run link checkers, content overview, and viable by client
       for design approval
which when stablized gets pushed to...
    3. The live site: public

The 'pushing' in all stages is done via rsync (*nix to *nix).

None of our sites (at least in the near future) will exist entirely inside
Zope, but many have Zope componenets. So I've been delegated the task of
integrating Zope with our current process (though the current system could
be adjusted...).

I can't be the only one facing this sort of situation. How do you deal
with it in your organization?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

---

John Eikenberry