[Zope] why use zope?

- bak@nstp.com.my
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:52:26 +0800

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Chris McDonough wrote:
>
> > Have you tried letting them in via FTP and/or WebDAV?  Or possibly
> > constructing an upload form for new documents that makes use of a file
> > attachment?
>
> I know that this is probably going to meet with some resistance :-) but
> perhaps you could propose an emacs editing solution?  I use efs (ange-ftp
> works the same) now, after finding out about it on this list only a few
> days ago, and far from hitting 'publish' -- I just save the document on
> the server, and it's live.

i have no experience with emacs.  i have tried it a few times though.  is it
available for win$ too?  i use linux at home and at work.  but i'm not the one
who's going to update the site :).  users are heavily depended on win$

guess i'll have a REAL look at emacs now, and who knows, maybe it's time to
give the users a better OS.

> You will want to rebind ALL the keys for them first, of course.

will emacs work with ZClass objects?  i once ftp into zope, but can only see
the root dir.  can't see any ZClass object.

> I don't know what kind of content you're dealing with, but you may want to
> illustrate something simple, such as a document with
> automatically-inserted standard_html_header and standard_html_footer stuff
> in it, so they can see that they can maintain a consistent l&f w/o the
> standard associated mess that's required on most sites, with little or no
> formatting of their own.

how is it with your users?  do editorial users muck around with the design?  i
would think that editorial should stick to reporting.  and if they want new
feature, just tell the programmer.

http://www.kedai.com.my/kk
Am I Evil?