[Zope] Any news from ZOPE track?

Ryan Hughes worldpilot@worldpilot.org
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 03:03:51 +0100

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> > The INSTALL says the files have to be mode 777. If you have
> > a zope user that you run Zope as, I recommed that you chown
> > all the files to that user and chmod them 600.
> >
> > Logins and Passwords are kept in plaintext in this file.

The Login backup file is only necessary to make sessions "restart" safe.
If you don't need that they can stay in memory only.

> *nod* I'm hacking it to work with SQLSessions at the moment.
>
> > Hrm I can get it to connect to my IMAP server, but, python just
> > spins at 100% CPU... any ideas?
>
> What sort of IMAP server you got? Can you use Python's imaplib to
> connect to it normally?

You might want to use the imaplib.py included in the whole package, if
you extracted the worldpilot product seperately. I found some
bugs/features in imaplib.py, that caused infinite loops as far as I can
remember on certain cases of (un-)tagged responses. You might be
currently encountering such a case. When we get around to making patch
files and a setup, worldpilot will be distributed seperately.

> > Todo and notes and calendar and stuff seem to be ok... and
> > in English :-)
>
> I've got a bunch of people here nagging me to install it for their
> own use. I think that this is something of a killer app :)

Have fun :-)

Cheers,
Ryan

--