[Zope] DTML "method"?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@twistedmatrix.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:04:58 -0500 (EST)

What is the elegant (read: correct) way to "pass arguements" to a DTML
method?

This must be a simple question, but I've been reading docs for weeks, and
although I know there are hundreds of ways to acquire properties, grab
SQL, etcetera, I can't find the simple tutorial of how to do something
like:

My site has four sections.  I want to have a 'section' dtml method that
takes a name and a description, that I call like this:

<dtml-var section-header
	name="Authors"
	description="""
Go here for an in-depth description of what's required to become an
author, licensing agreements, and the Authoring section (requires
password)
"""

<dtml-var section-header
	name="Developers"
	description="""
Go here for open source software such as Twisted Reality.
"""

... and so on and so forth.

It would be nice if, based on a naming convention, I could have the dtml
"section-header" method figure out what the appropriate graphic to
insert...

Mostly I want repetitive table formatting taken care of though, but
without having to special-case all the actual content.

Any ideas?

---
Even if you can deceive people about a product through misleading statements,
sooner or later the product will speak for itself.
- Hajime Karatsu