[Zope] Whats the best way to Automatically Start Zope Server on bootup??

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 22:16:43 -0500

J C Lawrence wrote:
> SuSe uses /sbin/rc*.  RedHat uses /etc/rc/rc*.  Debian uses the SysV
> cannonical /etc/rc* as does PHT, Caldera, and Corel AIR.

Thanks for the rundown... it's useful and I will squirrel that away
somewhere.  One nit:  Red Hat uses /etc/rc.d/rc* actually.

> Depending on distribution there are tools like chkconfig under RH,
> or update-rc.d for Debian which make the symlink process easy and
> self-documenting, automatically creating all the correct kill and
> start links in one command

Thanks, this is a very useful tip.  I did not know about chkconfig..
just read the man page now.  Now I just have to remember it's there :-)

> > *Or*............. just use Windows if you'd rather not be bothered
> > with the learning curve on these kinds of issues.
>
> <shudder>

I'm sitting here writing this message to you on Netscape Messenger under
Red Hat while wearing a Linuxcare t-shirt.  It's a multiplatform world.
Get over it.

> In the Debain world installing Zope is a trivial as:
>
>   # apt-get install zope

Yes, I apologized in a previous message to those maintainers and
reiterate it here.

--
Chris McDonough
Digital Creations, Inc.