[Zope] Adding Photo programmatically

Nicholas Piper pcomm@inorbit.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:29:28 +0000

Has anyone been able to add a Photo object in code ?  DTML or Python
would be fine; At the moment I can't seem to do it at all :-(
I've followed the HOWTO about this, but it still fails.

Apparently this should work ;

def addAPhoto(self, id, REQUEST=None):
    """ """
    # Get the actual destination object, using the this()
    # method, to be sure we get it in the right context..
    self=self.this()

    # Create the new instance
    newob=self.Control_Panel.Products.Photo.Photo(id,'title','')
    newob.id=id

    # Set properties based on the contents of the Add form
    newob.propertysheets.Basic.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)

    # Add a new Folder to the new instance
    #self.manage_addFolder('foobar')

    # Add the new instance to the target object
    self._setObject(id, newob)

    return 'OK!'

But it just returns ;

 File /home/nicholas/downloads/Zope-2.1.1-src/Extensions/DOOO.py, line 21, in addAPhoto
      (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  AttributeError: __call__

Line 21 is newob=self.Control_Panel.Products.Photo.Photo(id,'title','')

I've been calling it with http://localhost:8080/Intranet/addAPhoto?id=blue

--
<pcomm@inorbit.com>           <http://www.innotts.co.uk/~nicholas/>
2048/BEC44395 1999/08/02 Nicholas C. Piper <nicholas@innotts.co.uk>