[Zope] Re. Zope/SuSE 6.x How-To v0.1 ready for review

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@twistedmatrix.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:02:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Robert Geiger wrote:

> SuSE uses Either RPM or tar balls from their YaST "Yet another setup tool"
> which does about everything you would want to do in configuration.  Red Had
> package manager only uses RPM's.  SuSE also give you about everything you
> could possibly want on their 6 CD's, as opposed to Red had.  RH seems more
> interested in "packaging" packages into various versions in various boxes.
> SuSE gives you ALL in a single box.  They also have a rather intimate
> relationship with the XFree86 people and usually have the most current vidio
> drivers as a result.  I have had much better results with SuSE and have
> since given up on Red Had.  I can not speak, however, to the Debian dist.  I
> would Recommend SuSE to anyone.

Let's finish this quickly, shall we?

Linux User A: No, SuSE sux!  RedHat is tha bomb!

Linux User B: Corporate tool!  RedHat is for lusers, Debian roxxx!!

Linux User C: Technocrat elitist!!  Caldera is where it's at!!!

Linux User D: Cluebie!!!  Mandrake is waay better than caldera!!!!

Windows 9x User E: Hey what are you guys talking about???!?

Windows NT User F: A really hard to use UNIX thing with commandlines and
		   stuff!!!!!!  NT kicks its butt!!!!!!

Linux User B: They're all stupid!  Don't listen to them!  Debian is the
	      Way!

Solaris User G: Feh!!!!!!! Feh and pshaw!!!!!!!!!! I scoff at your toy
		systems!!!!!!!!

Amiga User: hey!!!!!!!!!!! AmigaDOS is ... *sigh*, nevermind.

I don't think we need to involve MacOS and Be in this, as we can all see
where it's going.  Rinse and repeat, until exclamation points obscure all
possible content.

I'm sorry that I probably started a thread which is degenerating into
distribution wars ... I only meant to point out that if packages are
available for zope the installation isn't difficult, and many major
distributions have them.

---
Even if you can deceive people about a product through misleading statements,
sooner or later the product will speak for itself.
- Hajime Karatsu