[Zope] Property Sheets

Dyon Balding dyon@goanna.adroitnet.com.au
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:44:49 +1100

Hi, I am creating a Python Product for Zope.  I have a container object
that contains a number of objects.  I want these objects to inherit a
number of attributes from the container, with the objects specific
values.  If an attribute is added at the container level, the objects
should pick up this new attribute.  This is the functionality supplied
by Property Sheets in ZClasses, however I feel more comfortable
developing my product as a whole from a lower level.

So I would like to graft a Property Sheet into my Product, however I am
having trouble working out the details.  Has anyone done anything
similar?  I'm going through the ZClass code, but not having had much
experience with Python classes, it's heavy going.  Has anyone got any
advice or pointers to code or documentation?.

The other option of course would be to just implement it myself, but if
I can get some pre-existing code to work, I'd be much happier :).

thanks
-d

--
                            Dyon Balding, email: dyon@adroitnet.com.au
                           work: +613 98888522, mobile: +61 0414992604