[Zope] Re. Question on Folder Structure strategy

Jerry Spicklemire jerry@spicklemire.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:10:04 -0500

Hi again,

Especially if you suspect that the nesting of your folders may change, this
is is an excellent solution, and not necessarily either / or, as your
example illustrates. Your example also shows that you do have to deal with
calling the property as a <dtml-var> at every anchor, which you can just
skip when you have a stable site that let's you adopt a "site relative"
convention.

I don't have a clue as to the "cost" of each little <dtml-var>, in terms of
performance, and overall load on Zope, but I always figure no load at all
is best, whenever you can swing it!

Later,
Jerry S.