[Zope] Combining ZCatalog Search Results

Andrew Lahser andrew@apl-software.com
31 Jan 2000 23:01:17 -0000

I have a ZCatalog that is keeping track of several properties, for
example, title, caption, description, and keywords. I want to provide
a simple search interface that checks all of these properties, but
not certain other properties, such as tech_details, datestamp, which
are also indexed.

Presently I am searching on each of the properties individually, and
then combining the results. Yet, sometimes the search term appears
in multiple properties, which means that a single object can be
found more than once.

Is there a better way to do this? Did I describe the situtation well?

Here is the submit form.

<form action="summary_search" method="get">
<input name="AnyText" width=20 value=""><br>
<input type="SUBMIT" name="SUBMIT" value="Find">
</form>

Here is the DTML I have so far.

  <dtml-let caption_search="searchResults(caption=AnyText)"
            description_search="searchResults(description=AnyText)"
            title_search="searchResults(title=AnyText)"
            keywords_search="searchResults(keywords=AnyText)">
   <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('summary_results',
                caption_search[:_.len(caption_search)]
                + description_search[:_.len(description_search)]
                + title_search[:_.len(title_search)]
                + keywords_search[:_.len(keywords_search)]">

Any help would be appreciated.

Drew