[Zope] Re: Versions and FTP access

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:06:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I was reading through the achives in relation to this issue, and I was
wondering if anyone was working on a solution. Our designers use various
tools to edit html and these tools will need to be able to publish into a
zope version.  So for versions to be of use to us, we absolutely need to
be able to access a version through some non-web interface (either ftp,
webdav or something else).

If no one else is or has plans to work on this, we will have to do it (for
Zope to be a viable long term solution). I'd like to discuss the possible
solutions. I personally think making the version traversable via ftp is
the best solution (though webdav might be better, I don't know much about
it at this moment). Michel noted that there may be some problems with
absolute_url, but I'm not sure I understand the problem for simple file
access (put/get) via traversal.

Thoughts?

---

John Eikenberry