[Zope] MySQL transaction support (was: MySQL Select Statements)

Monty Taylor mtaylor@goldridge.net
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 07:28:28 GMT

On 7/4/00, 12:47:07 AM, Andy Dustman <adustman@comstar.net> wrote regarding
Re: [Zope] MySQL transaction support (was: MySQL Select Statements):

> Note also: With non-transactional databases, you would expect to get
> better performance by having several open connections which are not
> shared. In the case of MySQL, each connection has it's own server thread,
> and this can exploit CPUs, if available. However, connections should not
> be shared on transactional databases, because transactions are tied to a
> connection, and not a cursor. Even if there is a mutex to keep multiple
> threads from executing queries simultaneously on the same connection, the
> transactions are going to be whacky.

Oracle is obviously transactional. Does anyone know how it handles
connection pooling? I'll look and see it I can figure it out, but I'd
love it if someone already knew...

Monty