[Zope] Comparing two dates WITH time?

Nils Jeppe nils@jeppe.de
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 07:38:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hello All,

I need help again.....

How do I compare two dates that include full timestamps?

If I try date_updated <= ZopeTime() it works only for dates that do not
include times... as soon as you have a time in the date_updated field,

If the date_updated contains only a date (200/07/04 for example) it works
flawlessly. What am I doing wrong?

(Note that if I set the date_updated to yesterday with a time, it works
also. is this a bug, or what? My logic would tell me that 2000/07/04
12:00:00 GMT+1 is smaller than 2000/07/04 11:59:00 GMT+1).

Please someone tell me what's going on, I am beinning to feel that I am
either asking too stupid questions, or I have problems no-one has any clue
about. I am not sure what'd frighten me more... ;-)

Best wishes,
Nils