[Zope] File referencing and LocalFS

Spicklemire, Jerry Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:01:49 -0500

Hi Rogerio

>1)Folders names are directly related to string fields
>in a MySQL database which use spaces between words (eg
>New York), but folders names don't use spaces (eg
>NewYork). How can I skip spaces from database fields to
>make them refer to these folders (eg New York -->
>NewYork)?

I python it's just :

	foldername = string.join(colname, '')

using a "blank" ('') between each string, in other words, with no delimiter.

So, in Zope it's something like :

	<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('foldername',_.string.join(colname, ''))">

assuming you've already assigned "colname" from a ZSQL Method.

2)Using LocalFS, can I do something like <dtml-
>var "localfsObject['<dtml-var par1>'].['<dtml-var
>par11>'], where par1 and par11 are folder names (after
>skiping spaces)?

According to the Local FS docs*, this would be :

	<dtml-var "localfsObject['par1']['par11']">

Keep in mind that inside a dtml tag you can refer to objects by name,
without redundant dtml tags, and even without the quotes,
if you're not calling a method of the object :

	<dtml-var localfsObject>

Good Luck,
Jerry S.

* http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/HowTo/DTML_with_LocalFS