[Zope] Calculate values?

Monty Taylor mtaylor@goldridge.net
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:33:11 GMT

So what you want is this...

1) Web page is displayed to client with two fields, 'a' and 'b'.
2) Client enters value in 'a'.
3) Client enters value in 'b'.
4) Client hits 'Submit'.
5) contents of 'b' get added to contents of 'a' and stored in 'a'.
6) Form contents are submitted to form processor.

Right?

If so, you have two options.

A) Have Zope do the calculation.
  If Zope also happens to be supplying the form processor, just submit
both values and
  have the form processor add them.

B) Javascript.
  If you _really_ need to do the calculation before you submit, you'll
have to define a
  javascript function and assign it to the onSubmit attribute of your
form.

In this case I would suggest version "A", as processing the data would be
much better done by the
processing script. Sometimes you'll have to use Javascript, though, as
Zope is purely server-side.

Monty

On 7/6/00, 5:47:06 PM, Peter Arvidsson <peter@innodev.com> wrote regarding
[Zope] Calculate values?: