[Zope] Z SQL Method

Richard Moon richard.moon@nec.ac.uk
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 16:27:26 +0100

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Paul Aviles wrote:

 > What am I doing wrong?? Also, is there a way to connect to a postgres or
 > mysql database? Is one better than the other?

Postgresql is a true object relational database which includes the ability
to define transactions etc., MySQL isn't a true RDBMS. If you are serious
about the back-end and your application includes the ability to update the
database by more than one user concurrently then PostgreSQL is the way to
go. It's also Open Source.

It's easy to connect to Postgresql using the ZPyGreSQLDA which you can find
on zope.org at the end of the downloads pages.