[Zope] Reusing standard_html_header/footer

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:20:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:

> Michael Gutmann wrote:
> >
> > This is not a question, I think it's more a request for comment.
> >
> > Problem: I have the following structure of folders. The top folder has
> > the global standard_html_header and acquisition has it, that it
> > is usable in all the subfolders.
> >
> > /
> >   standard_html_header
> >   SubFolder1/
> >      SubFolder2/
> >
> > Now I have a small modification in my headers from SubFolder1 downwards.
> > Well, there are many ways to cope with that problem, I want to do it
> > that ways: I want to integrate the old standard_html_header into the
> > new one I define in SubFolder1. Ok, that can look like this:
> >

> Not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do but....

I believe he is trying to do (in Java, because it's easiest for me to
express it, here):

public class StandardHtmlHeader
{
  public String render() {
    return "Hello, World."
  }
}

public class SubStandardHtmlHeader extends StandardHtmlHeader
{
  public void render() {
    return super() + " Woohoo!"
  }
}

Well, okay, not exactly, since we're talking acquisition not inheritance.
But, the idea is the same. He wants to display the previous
standard_html_header, with some additional stuff added, in his SubFolder's
standard_html_header.

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                               704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                      mailto:jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                         http://www.goingv.com/