[Zope] Is Zope slow?

Ben Leslie benno@sesgroup.net
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:34:28 +1000

> >  -maybe we could discuss network services/hoster_performance?
>
> This is more of a problem for most people. One evening whilst bored we
> calculated that Zope could happily serve enough people to fill up our
> pipe... so the bottle neck is our connection.
>
> Mind you we'd had a beer or two so calculations could be flawed.

That sounds about right (with no idea what size pipe you have ;). I also
was worried about the speed of Zope however after doing the calculations,
I figured our current Zope server can fill the pipe we have twice so it
is definately a bandwidth problem.

(And I was sober when doing the calculations ;)

Benno