[Zope] Is Zope slow?

Marco Mariani m.mariani@imola.nettuno.it
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 01:41:21 +0200

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 04:27:22AM -0400, Firestar wrote:

> Well, i do appreciate the 'extra' features that Zope provides,
> but speed is still a matter of concern here. Imagine showing
> my boss "what my website can do" and all those advanced features,
> but it crawls like a snail...

What are the basic operations your site should go through?
Do you own the hardware?

For instance, if you need a complex task that should be faster, just
write a python extension in C that works on a local filesystem, a
little wrapper and call it from dtml. Like I do with image editing.
You could do with PHP too, but the environment is harsher.

--
"This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
 If the problem persists, contact your vendor or appeal to a higher court."