[Zope] Number of zope processes on Linux and OpenBSD

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:21:32 -0400

I went the other way around and wondered why my single MySQL process on
FreeBSD was now a dozen or so on Linux.

As already mentioned, Linux assigns a process ID to every thread, so all
threads show in the process list.  On the BSDs (and probably most, if not
all other UNIX OSs), threads are not assigned PIDs, so they don't show.

Either way, Zope is running with multiple threads on both machines.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com