[Zope] Patch to DateTime.py

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:48:39 +1000

On Fri, 07 Jul 2000, Rajil Saraswat wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am a newbie to zope and squish. My squishdot starts giving errors after
> midnight. the offending error is Unrecognised Time Zone in DateTime.py
> I am on GMT+530(India). As i donot know python, can you please tell where
> i should add this timezone in DateTime.py, so this problem is resolved.

The patch file i supplied can be applied to /lib/python/DateTime/DateTime.py
If you don't have the unix tool 'patch', you could add the lines manually, at
the lines mentioned at the top of the patch file.  This is, i should have
mentioned, made against zope 2.1.6

From a quick perusal of the source code, it looks like there is no GMT+0530
supported currently, nor does the word "india" appear, except in the word
'Indiana'.  A minor oversight, I'm sure.

If you are feeling brave, you could try adding your timezone to the _zlst
array, at about line 163 in DateTime.py, then restart ZOPE.

> Thanks
> Rajil Saraswat

Have a better one,
	Curtis.