[Zope] help! zope down on it's knees

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 09 Jul 2000 23:10:45 -0400

I'm curious about the fact that apache can render the page immediately
by talking through pcgi/fcgi to ZServer but ZServer can't render the
page quickly when you talk to it directy via HTTP.   The only reasoning
I can see for that is some sort of caching at the browser or in the http
server.  Have you been able to determine which methods are taking the
longest amounts of time?

I know you're under pressure to get this solved.  I doubt you're going
to find a quick solution to this.  You may want to take this opportunity
to start on the path to 2.2 and ZEO.  If you need to solve it fast, get
Squid or another caching proxy up in front of it in order to give
yourself some breathing room and then start work on 2.2 and ZEO.