[Zope] Help with ZPoPyDA

Nitesh Dhanjani nitesh@expert.cc.purdue.edu
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:37:53 -0500 (EST)

> Can psql on the linux connect to the postmaster on the sparc?
Nope, i get the error mentioned above when trying to connect with psql.

> My best guess:  you need to build new postgres on both machines.  For
> locking performance, you certainly want a more recent version of postgres,
> anyway!  The version you have almost certainly does table level locking.
> You are going to have to rebuild the sparc's copy.  And dump and restore
> may get to be 'interesting'.

Yes, this is what Im going to do. From what I can tell, the postmater
running on the sparc machine does not support the -i option. This will
probably break a lot of stuff, including the tcl/tk interface that relies
on this old postgres... oh well.

thanks for your help.

nitesh