[Zope] Adding comments to documents like in ACS ...

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:47:05 -0400

This is something I've wanted to see for a long time too.  The Portal
Toolkit (http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK) evidently has a "discussable"
mixin class that allows users to add comments to documents.  You may
want to check it out.  This feature should probably be abstracted out of
the portal toolkit and made more generally available.  I'd really like
to see a "commentable document" product based on an atomic mixin class
that we could reuse on Zope.org for how-tos, news items, etc.  I really
like ACS' "bboard" system, that's the kind of functionality I think
these objects should provide.

I wish I had time to write this.