[Zope] ZWiki/Structured Text formatting surprise

Stephen Harrison stephen@nipltd.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:55:30 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
> >
> > Jim Fulton wrote:
> > > I suggest that, since this appeared in a code snippit to begin
> > > with, it should have been written as:
> > >
> > >   blah blah '(_.None,_,foo)' blah blah
> >
> > I don't format my code like that ;-)
>
> I'm not sure what the ';)' refers to, but single quotes are
> the correct way to indicate literal code in structured text.

That seems to be a rather inappropriate character to quote code with.

You can't quote any of the vast reams of code which uses quotes, such
as:

REQUEST.set('id', 'value')

or any other similar code.

As an aside, I just tried, in
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/zope-edu/SandBox, quoting the code:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('id', 'value')">

It didn't work, so I then tried

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set(id, value)">

which also didn't work, but it did work if I quoted it by escaping the
following paragraph using the :: syntax.

This indicated that the 'some code' functionality is in some way broken,
since it doesn't happen before executing any dtml which might be on the
page.

Cheers,
Stephen

--