[Zope] RE: Bizarre error with standard_html_header

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:16:00 +0200

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 05:14:57PM +1000, Curtis Maloney wrote:
> At your suggestion, i've wrapped any contentious parts of the
> internal/standard_html_header in a dtml-try, which has had no effect.
>
> Firstly: what would cause Zope to give me that type error?  Too many
> arguments?
>
> I'm not doing anything fancy.  This worked until i changed the standard
> header, which is why i'm digging about in it.
>
> but since the only parts of that now that are not in a try statement are raw
> HTML, how could it go splat?
>
> >From what I understand of the traceback, the problem is occurring in the
> header, but it's not clear WHERE, or, tbh, WHY.

Where _is_ the traceback? It may well be that the call _to_ the header is
botched.

I also see that you are making assumptions about acquisition context. An
acquired message does not autmatically also acquire the context of the caller.
See several articles and How-To's by Jim Fulton and Shane Hathaway on
Zope.org.

--
Martijn Pieters